Saturday, June 25, 2005

Comcast eat my shorts

I finally moved ... and decided to setup internet. So I call comcast and I'm like yea ... hook me up [bio]tches, and the guy on the other line was like course pimp. And he sends me out for a small little quest down Route 1 to pick up my self install kit ... cause I'm that pimp. So I have no trouble installing it and all 3 lights are shinning o so bright. Yea ... so now for the magic moment ... double click the IE button. So the IE is like install me and register me. Meh ... ok install ... check ... register ... crash and burn ><

Ok attempt number 2 ... hmmm .... nothing. Try again ... nothing ... try again ........ So I call the help line (the comcast help line) and this super duper friendly helper is like "May I help you" and I'm like "[Yes, Please!]". Ok so she's asks me the dumbest questions, do I have a firewall, do I have virus protection, do I buy or do I rent, do I have a router, do I smoke weed, do I drive a black BMW. I got tired but I was cooperating. Every 5 min. she would put me on hold and come back with the following "I'm sorry we're trying to resolve this probelm is it OK that I put you on hold?" Yes it really was a question, I thought about saying no every single time she asked. This proceeded for an hour. By this point I have beat all of MS Games that come with Windows, including Pinball, Hearts, and Solitare. My life was slowly going downhill. On the 234th time that she asks me if it's ok if I go on hold she says that their giving up. I'm confused ... but ok. Than she tries to say good bye in the most polite manor. Than it hits me ... I HAVE NO INTERNET. So she goes on to give me a ticket. "I'm sorry mam I'm still confused". She repeats everything we have done so far. "I'm sorry mam I'm still confused". "I'm giving you a ticket". "What's a ticket?". "A ticket is an eletoctonic container of information". "Wtf do I do witha ticket". "The ticket will be forwarded to another department that will try to help you". "Their going to call me?". "No." "Can I call them right now". "No, it takes 24-72 hours". "ok...". "Have a wonderful day sir..."

For the next 2 hours I beat my high scores in all the MS Games.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to crack Comcast. WTF am I supposed to do for 24-72 hours without internet (right now I'm @ work).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home