Thursday, January 06, 2005

Starting up with old habits

I'm not used to blogging, but it seems like fun so I decided to give it a spin. I'm not going to do a long post regarding who I am, where I come from. Unless someone asks, I just don't really have the patience to organize my thoughts. My name is Michael Kofman, but I'm usually just refered to by my last name: Kofman, and a few people call me kman.

Today I installed one of the most wonderfully addictive games to ever be released. This game takes suspension of disbelief to such an extreme that when I used to play it I went as far as skipping sleep for three straight days, and even ignoring an AP test. But now that I'm a senior, and college decisions should come through soon. All I have to do is keep up my grades, and I'll be alright. Hopefully. Anyway the name of the game is, dare I say infamous, Final Fantasy XI. That's the multiplayer online one. I guess the game is what inspired me to go through with blog idea, and I don't no if it'll work out or not but it's worth a try.

This blog will in and out have posts regarding events in game, as well as IRL (In Real Life) events. See there I go, already using game lingo.

Right now I'm waiting patiently as the updates for the game finish downloading, and in the mean time righting this post. So I might as well fill you in about the game and my experiences with a little more in depth since about 50% of the posts will be regarding just that - lets hope it's not that many : D .

The game is based of the Final Fantasy world, but with no real storyline ever repeating Final Fantasy XI is unique (actually they did make X-2, but whatever). What makes Final Fantasy such a great game is that your absolutly free to play anyway you like, and your directly involved in a huge community. I think it broke 1.5 million, maybe more memebers. That's Japan and United States tho. The game has gorgeous graphics, and while a fairly simple learning curve, enough depth to keep even the most hardcore stetegist fully involved. What else can I really say? I did play the game before so I should do pretty well this time around, I also have a friend whose been playing for over 2hrs now, financing me to some extent as I level up. Which is great might I note. Begginers usually have a very tough time making money in the game. Lets see if I can find some good pictures too. K I found some good ones online, these aren't mine since clearly I'm not even playing yet but I wanted to show you the gorgeous in game graphics, all of which help build a suspension of disbelief while playing.

Theres not much to say for now, still exploring blogger.


2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

RIGHT! :)

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol nice profile K it looks like you've gotin a lot farther since

 

Post a Comment

<< Home